CVL003 – Advanced Professional Penetration Testing
This is a high-pace training course that provides all the advanced skills required to carry out a thorough and professional penetration test against modern networks and infrastructure.
This course allows organizations of all sizes to assess and mitigate the risk at which their network is exposed by building strong, practical in-house skills. Students willing to enroll in the course must possess a solid understanding of networks and network-related security models.
Students must be familiar with scripting (python, PowerShell), as well as have Active Directory administration and Operating System internals knowledge as this is not an introductory class. Students are also required to possess good knowledge of network protocols.
Section A. Red Team Operations
- Introducing Red Teaming, Red Teaming vs Penetration Testing
- Offense in depth Skill Set and Mind Set Building
- Running a Successful Red Team Engagement
- Advanced Recon, Social Engineering and Infrastructure setup
- Other Pre-attack considerations
- Red Team Pre-attack Lab
Section B. Foot Hold Building, Situational Awareness, Pivoting and Lateral Movement
- Active Directory Recon, Triage from both windows and linux based systems
- Domain Trusts, Access Control Lists and other User and permission based attacks
- Hunting for credentials, resources and privileged users
- Hands on Labs for Directory and Network Services
Section C. Persistence, Data Exfiltration
- Hiding and Creating Persistence Points within a given infrastructure
- Data Movement and External Exfiltration
- Proving/Providing Value to the Client
- Capstone labs
Section D. Detective Strategies and Counter Measures
- Understanding and Enumerating defenses and counter measures
- Bypassing and developing counter counter measures for blue team defenses
- Bridging the security gap and conclusion
The student is required to have a modern laptop device that can support virtualization technologies. With a minimum of 8 GB RAM and 60 GB of storage.
Whilst we provide everything you need to know on the course, experience of working in Windows and Linux environments as well as using command line interfaces would be advantageous.
You will need to bring a laptop with local administrator/root access.